How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 (Company File Error)?
QuickBooks error code 6073 99001 is usually seen with a warning message that states “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user”. The user might come across any such error when trying to open the company file that too in multi-user mode.In such a scenario, the user is recommended to ask another user to switch to multi-user mode, so that both of them can use the company file at the same time.
However, more detailed fixation steps and procedure of the QuickBooks error code 6073 99001 are discussed later in this piece of writing. Interested QuickBooks users can continue reading this post, and the ones who want any professional assistance can consult our U.S. based accounting professionals, by means of our helpline.
What stimulates the QuickBooks error 6073 99001?
The QuickBooks users can often come across the QuickBooks error code 6073 99001 as a result of the below mentioned triggers:
• If the Linux server has been used to host the files, and multiple login credentials are being used to login to the shared folder
• The company file is open in any other system and the host system finds that the system is still logged in
• Such an error could also be seen if the file is stored in a read only network folder
• Another factor triggering the error can be if the file is stored in a read only network folder
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6073 99001
One can easily rectify the QuickBooks error code 6073 99001 using the below stated methods. Let us have a look:
Procedure 1: Configure the .ND and .TLG files labeled as hidden files
Under this method, the user can unhide the .ND and .TLG file, which includes the below steps:
• To start with, the user should open My computer and then navigate to the tools menu and also click on the folder options
• After that, navigate to the view tab to show hidden files and folders
The user may find Quickbooks error 6073 99001 very difficult to deal with. Users usually encounter this error when trying to open a company file with the .qbe extension in multiuser mode. This error comes with an error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file”. Another user may have opened it. It would be better for you both to use the company simultaneously if the user switched to multi-user mode. Files may be stored in read-only network folders. In that case, ask your administrator to make it accessible.
File Doctor can be used to resolve network problems, connection errors, Windows-related issues, data corruption, diagnostic errors, and update errors. Quickbooks file doctor also identifies all glitches and errors and then fixes them in just a few clicks.
If you want a single solution to resolve your 6000 series errors, then the Quickbooks tool hub will be your best option, other than network errors it helps in resolving installation errors, password retrieval and much more.