How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error (Connection has been Lost)?
QuickBooks abort error is often witnessed when the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged. The damaged QBWUSER.INI file can lead to an unexpected system crash that might disrupt the workflow. This could also lead to closing down QuickBooks and various other operations might not perform smoothly. Moreover, any kind of changes made to the data by the user can be lost in case of this sort of error. QuickBooks abort error usually appears with an error message stating as “The connection to the company files has been lost”. In case you are facing the similar error, then in that case stick around this piece of information and learn the facts related to the same, along with the quick fixes to it.
Moreover, if you don’t want to put in your efforts in fixing the QuickBooks abort error issue, then in that case you can connect with our accounting professionals for immediate technical help using our support line.
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks abort error
QuickBooks users can often come across the abort error due to the following reasons:
• In case of damaged QBWUSER.INI from QuickBooks, the user can land into Abort error in QuickBooks
• Also, if the hard drive is corrupted
• Moreover, if the folder where the file is saved needs some additional permission, then in that case this error is probable to occur
• Another factor can be using QuickBooks different versions on a multiple-user mode
Procedure to implement QuickBooks keeps Aborting Error in Multi-user mode
The below stated procedures can be implemented to get rid of the QuickBooks abort error. Let us explore each of the methods one by one:
Procedure 1: Using QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
• To start off with, the user needs to install the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
• And then, double click to launch the tool
• The next step is to view the results
o In case the result shows no error detected, then in that case it is meant that the files are completely fine
o Else, if the results are negative and show error detected, then in that case the user will have to repair the file and restore the backup
Procedure 2: Configure the firewall manually
Under this method, the user will have to configure the firewall using some set of steps, which includes the following
• Open windows start menu
• Type windows firewall
• Select advanced settings
• Right click inbound rules and select new rule option